Friday, October 12, 2012

My Halloween Costume: Part 3

Ok, last I left off, I was starting to sculpt the back piece that would be my Thorax:


And that's where I picked back up.

I coated the whole piece in Duct Tape, to secure the integrity of shell.


I wanted to add more to the bottom of the piece, To I would build a stinger. I started by attaching on of my hockey masks...

Then an empty Brisk Iced tea bottle...

And coating the whole thing in Duct tape...
I then took the heat gun and removed the cap piece from the bottle, made an incision in the middle of the bottle and duct taped it up to keep from curling inward, and added an old broken pen to make the tip of the stinger...

I then used the pieces I cut off the swords from earlier, and taped/hot glued them to the piece, cause I wanted spikes to stick out...

And then used the Hot Glue to add texture to the piece...


I then Stated back on my mask...

Where I left off:

I had only just made the markings of where I wanted to cut. But since then, I have decided to make just a vehilator piece.

So, I first cut out what I needed...

I then applied electric tape to the jagged edges and seal holes in the mask...

I then made a venhilator piece ont he side using an old pill bottle, and the spray cap from axe deoderant
I then attached it to my mask piece...

using a screw...

And that where I will stop for now. This will be looking spectacular real soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment