Friday, September 7, 2012

Dr. Steel Action Figure Mod by me!


This custom Figure Is made in honor of our Former Future World Emperor To Be, Dr. Phineas Waldolf Steel.

If you do not know about this man, well, at least the figure can be a start.

I based this figure on the outfit he was waring towards the end of his set at the Key club, a couple years back.

But Building the actual figure was another story.

The figure I had gotten last year at a garage sale for a quarter. When I had gotten home, the head broke off. It sat in a drawer, until I discovered Fixit Sculpt. I was able to fix the neck joint with it. Then, I went to work.

I took my dremel, and sanded down the big beard on his face, as well as the legs, cause they looked like football pants. After I sanded it all down, I took more Fixit, and I made the bottoms of the pants bell out, and platforms for the boots. I also used the fixit to make the beard, and goggles that the Good Doctor wears. I also used a wood burner tool to make the mouth.

Then surgery on the left arm. The way the fist was facing was at a weird angle, so I cut it at the elbow, and rotated the forearm. I then drilled holes in each end, and used Fixit to re attach the pieces. I then drilled a hole into the fist to hold the microphone.

The microphone was made entirely out of Fixit.

Suspenders were made of  brown suede, and Screwed into place. The entire body was then painted, and put back together.



For reference I posted a pic of him at the set he did at the key club at the bottom of this post.
Although the real Dr. Steel is gone, This guy still wanders though a Utopian Toyland.
~JPW


Back

And Forth
Side
to Side.


PS. If You'd Like to find out more about Dr. Steel, Feel Free to hit up Toy Soldiers Unite.


No comments:

Post a Comment