Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So, Video Game Modding

It's fun, and breathes new life into old systems and Cartridge games.

MAybe Sometimes you have had an old NES, or SMS. You look at it, and think,"I don't want to get rid of it, But I don't care to look at it."
Blah.


Or maybe you have a system that works Beautifully, but the Shell is rough. Faded, cracked, Doesn't match your Shoes....
OK, I got this... Someone hand me the Ductape...


Well, Grab Some Sand Paper, And Paint and Go WILD!

It's Very Simple. And I have Some Examples for you to checksy!

First off the "Dexter" Playstation:
This is what caused him to kill...

Basically, took the shell completely apart to make sure that none of the paint would mess with the inner workings. Sanded it all down. Then Base coat of white. Then I got this special Paint From Party City, That causes a Blood Splatter effect.
$3.97 at WalMart



I then Hand painted the outlets red. Clear coated the Shell, and put it all back together. Still Works!
And by the way, It is currently for sale on my Etsy Store!

Also Did the Same Method to a Nintendo GameCube:
The Handel on the back makes it a perfect weapon.

Next is my Alien Blue Sega Master System:
Phone Home

This system had a faded color, and a small knick in the corner. So, did the same deal with the PS, But for the Corner, Drilled a small hole and attached a spike to it. Just a little flare. The only thing I wish I would have done, was add the words back on it. But, too Late. I sold it, and now they want me to make a matching Controller. Sweet...

And Now Something for the wifey...
The Hello64:
They make Toasters and Chainsaws, But I Had to make one of these...

Nothing was Wrong with the System, But my wife Loves Hello Kitty, So, I did a full Paint Job, and added Mod Podged Hello Kitty Scrapbook pieces and Rind-stones. And painted the Face on the front. Needless to say She Loved it.

You Can Also Mess with the Texture.
The Zongo Station:
This came from My apartment. And Went to Trafalgar...

Full Body Mod with texture-ized Nasty Flesh. Was about a 14hr. Project. One of my Favorite Pieces.

And you can do it With Cartridge Games, as well!

First up The Gold Zelda:
Ohhhh! The one from the N64.

This was Just a simple Tape the Label, Sand and Paint the Shell. No real Work there.

Then There's Doom 64:
And only 3 sacrifices to finish it...

This had a damaged Corner on the right with pieces of the Label Coming off. Paint just Wouldn't do. So, I decided to Sculpt Horns onto the Shell Before the Paint. This piece took me about 16 hours to make. You can also find this on my Etsy account here.

And an Oldie but a Goodie!

Vector-Man Sega Genesis.
Bet you're too young to remember this...

The Game had only half a label, and Scratches on the part with the missing label. So, Took the rest of the Label off, Sanded and then took a Woodburner, and carved the name into it before the painting process.
And Sold!

Small Games too!
Killer Instinct for the Game Boy:


Person needed his old game to breath more life! So, painted it black to match it's big brother, and made a new label.



And the Most Recent one I did...
NES Metal Gear:
Yes, the first one...
This game was Rough, originally. Did a full mod. Carve and paint, with label saving, too. Also, currently for sale on my etsy

So get out there and be creative! If not, hit me up! I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment